Dangerous Liaisons: is everyone else doing it online?
- Up to one-in-three individuals are dating online
- Individuals look to internet dating for many different reasons – 48% do so for enjoyable, while many search for more relationships that are meaningful one-in-ten are merely hunting for sex (13%)
- People share information with other people too easily when they’re dating online, with a quarter (25%) admitting they share their full title publicly on their dating profile. One-in-ten have actually shared their house address, in addition to exact same quantity have provided nude pictures of on their own in this way, exposing them to risk
- Despite the fact that lying the most hated aspects of online dating sites, 57% of online daters lie to each other, faking a selection of characteristics such as for example their names, marital status, location and look
- Folks are concerned because of their security once they date online, with a few regarding the main issues involving concerns about IT safety – for example, 63% are worried concerning the unit they normally use for online dating sites becoming contaminated and 61% are worried about their information being stolen or released through the dating application or solution itself
- These concerns are well-founded – 55% have observed some type of problem or threat while dating online. Dangerous Liaisons: is everyone else doing it online? 더보기